You may be able to sponsor Spouses or Common-Law Partners who want to become Permanent Resident of Canada if they live outside of Canada or if they live in Canada with you and have Legal Immigration Status; for example Temporary Worker or Visitor. In addition to Spouses or Common-Law Partners, there are a number of relationships that qualify for Family Class Sponsorship, including Parents, Grandparents, Dependent Children, and Potentially other relationships under certain Provincial Family Class Sponsorship Programs. For Parents and Grandparents, there is also the Super Visa program.

You, as the sponsor, must meet certain eligibility criteria, and the people you sponsor must also meet some eligibility factors.

Basic Requirements to be a Sponsor

  • You must be least 18 years old
  • You must be a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident living in Canada:
  • If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident
  • You can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada
  • Able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
  • Have enough income to provide for basic needs of any grandchildren (dependent children of a dependent child) of the principal applicant

You can Sponsor

  • Spouse or Common Law Partner or Conjugal Partner
  • Dependent Children
  • Parents
  • Grandparents

Spouse – You are a spouse if you are married to your sponsor and your marriage is legally valid.

Common-law partner – You are a common-law partner, either of the opposite sex or same sex, if: you have been living together in a conjugal relationship for at least one year in a continuous 12-month period that was not interrupted. You will need proof that you and your common-law partner have combined your affairs and set up a household

Conjugal partner – This category is for partners, either of the opposite sex or same sex, in exceptional circumstances beyond their control that prevent them from living together and therefore cannot qualifying as common-law partners or spouses.

Dependent children – A son or daughter is dependent when the child:

  • Is under the age of 19 and does not have a spouse or common-law partner;
  • Is over the age of 19 and depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 19 because of a physical or mental condition.

"Click here for free family sponsorship evaluation"

© 2017 All right reserved

Designed & Developed by Ariussoft